March 6, 2010

Maegan's Journey


Following in her brother's footsteps, Maegan took a train to Grand Central Station yesterday for a weekend in Manhattan. She'll shadow her brother in the photography studio in the Village, trying her hand at hair and makeup as her brother photographs models from a modeling agency.

Standing on the platform at the train station in New Haven, I was transported back 25 years. How many times did I take the train to and from my place in New York City to visit family in Connecticut? How excited I am to know Maegan can take steps, no matter how tentative, to a world full of creativity and wonder, just a few hours away on a magical train.

1 comment:

  1. Wish her and her brother goodluck from all of us in England. I know some models, designers etc. in New York and will keep an ear open for a brother and sister from Cedar Knoll Farm.

    ReplyDelete