September 2, 2009

Sunflowers and Sunny Days


Yesterday we spent the better part of a beautiful day moving my son, Brandon, into his new apartment in Manhattan. Although Terry, who had the dubious job of driving to, from, and within - the most treacherous part - didn't care for it much, I LOVED it! I am just beside myself knowing Brandon is in a creative, joyous place! Here at home, we have our own joy - the horses in our paddocks, Maegan picking grape tomatoes out of the garden, and the sunflowers that tower to the second floor of our house. Country sky scrapers.

Today is a chilly morning. Terry has already made his way back over I95 South, this time past Brandon's city to Amish Land in PA. He is after a load of hay and harnesses. I am home taking care of Maegan, who has her first day of 12th grade, and the horses. The three greys and Dolly and the bays got a new round bale in their paddocks last night, and will be set for the next five days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment